This is a half hour en plein air landscape with full instruction; it is the first of two produced by “Colour in Your Life/Colour My World”. It was filmed in January 2015 and was first aired on April 18th 2015.
- “That was one of my favourite program’s that you’ve done. I’ve watched too many programs and videos were the artist says, “let the picture paint itself”, which is lazy teaching as unless you are experienced, that doesn’t come naturally, so it’s not helpful for most people. She explains everything so well, she’s brilliant. A great artist and teacher, rare.”
- “She sure knows what she is talking about!”
- “I found Amanda’s program fascinating. Her methods and explanations are great!”
- “Wow I’m in love with her art. Her paintings are truly alive. The depths, the contrasts and the aura. Awesome!”
This is a half hour en plein air boat scene with full instruction; it is the second of two produced by “Colour in Your Life/Colour My World”. It was filmed in January 2015 and was televised on the 27th June 2015.
- “This is very close to what I am trying to achieve in my watercolor painting. I have a ways to go, but she is amazing! I love the confidence she has in her strokes!”
- “Powerful painting, unusual composition and thick applications of watercolor pigment. A pure pleasure to watch this piece being created.”
- “I labor on paintings for weeks and Amanda makes gorgeous art in a matter of minutes. She’s fearless and expressive. it’s almost like free flowing abstract painting of real life subject matter. to see how others approach art has definitely sculpted my style. thanks for the view CIYL”.
- “Australian watercolour artists have a freedom and style I only wish I could emulate. You`ve really nailed it”.